The State of California is widely recognized as a driving force in the field of air pollution control for on-road and off-road mobile sources. Every month, the California Air Resources Board (CARB) and other state agencies hold a number of workshops and regulatory hearings and issue reports related to the control of emissions from mobile sources. Sierra Research's monthly publication, CVS News, which was first published in 1982, both chronicles these events and provides insight as to what changes can be expected in California in the future.
Each issue contains articles reporting on current issues in California related to mobile source emissions control:
- Analysis of CARB mobile source and fuels-related regulatory proposals, including a summary of the proposal, an analysis of its strengths and weaknesses, and the anticipated reaction to the proposal that we expect from affected industries, local air pollution control agencies, and other interested parties.
- Coverage of CARB workshops related to mobile source and fuels-related programs, including workshop discussion and significant comments made by the CARB staff and all workshop participants. We also provide analysis of regulations that CARB staff are likely to propose, based on the workshop discussions and the potential impacts to regulated parties.
- Coverage of CARB meetings and hearings related to mobile sources and fuels. Articles covering these events include a summary of the CARB staff presentation, testimony presented, and responses by Board members and CARB staff.
- Coverage of California Energy Commission reports and meetings related to mobile source emissions, fuels, or fuel economy.
- Review of California legislation related to mobile source emission control and vehicle fuels, including a summary of each bill that could significantly affect vehicle and engine manufacturers as well as fuel producers.
In addition to providing coverage of specific vehicle regulation proposals, periodically we report on a number of other issues of general interest, such as annual status reports on California air quality trends; summaries of proposed changes to state ambient air quality standards; results of significant research projects funded by CARB; changes to the California vehicle inspection and maintenance (I/M) program; and analysis of data from the California I/M program. We also provide biographical information on all new CARB Board members and key staff members, and report on the significance of organizational changes within CARB.
Sierra includes a CVS News subscription as part of a monthly retainer package that includes (1) assistance in the preparation of testimony and responses to requests for information from CARB or U.S. EPA; (2) private consultation on certification and enforcement issues; (3) communications with CARB and EPA staff where the confidentiality of the client requesting information is to be maintained; and (4) response to miscellaneous requests for support.
For further details, please get in touch with us by using our contact form.